Right Solution for Your Problem
At Paltiel Inc. we use different approaches and different software
tools, depending on your application needs.
Where Do You Store Your Data?
- Visual FoxPro: Good for small to large businesses. Very
fast, can be used in networked and browser-based applications.
Particularly good for applications that need extreme speed. Handles
tables up to 2 GB in size. Good for applications where large numbers
of records need to be 'browsed'.
- Microsoft SQL-Server: Can handle data for a large bank
or e-business with hundreds of users at the same time. Security
is built in to each database making it much more difficult for
anyone outside or inside the company firewall to access the data
- Oracle: Can handle data for a large bank or e-business
with hundreds of users at the same time. Security is built in
to each database making it much more difficult for anyone outside
or inside the company firewall to access the data illegally.
- Visual FoxPro: A rich visual design interface designed
to work with many data sources, including all those mentioned
Maxframe Professional: This award winning, object oriented
framework provides all the basic functionality you need so you
can concentrate on application-specific programming.
- Security from login to the individual textbox level.
- Standard add/edit/delete/navigate functionality for Visual
Foxpro, SQL-Server, Oracle and many other data sources
- Data entry grids
- Pick lists
- Report catalog for all reporting needs
- Stonefield Data Toolkit:
SDT overcomes limitations found in Visual FoxPro's data design,
and provides additional functionality that serious application
developers need. There are three aspects to SDT:
- It enhances the tools Visual FoxPro provides to manage the
- It provides the ability to define extended properties for
database objects and set or obtain the values of these properties
- It includes a class library you can add to your applications
to provide database management functions at run-time, including
recreating indexes, repairing corrupted table headers, and
updating table structures at client sites.
Wind Web Connection: Web Connection translates your Visual
Foxpro code directly to the internet. It allows you to use existing
programs to speed the process of getting data onto the web. It's
faster than ASP code and provides a framework of existing tools
to speed up development even further.
FoxISAPI is one of the tools available to build Web application
with Visual FoxPro. It ships as part of Visual FoxPro and is provided
as a 'server' example that demonstrates how to use Visual FoxPro
as a Web backend.
- ASP: ASP with VBScript and COM can send data to a web
page and update any standard data source with data received from
a web page.